Update My Profile
Change My Password
(Base: fourth quarter 2021=100)
1. The wage rate index increased by 1.6% or 1.7 points to reach 105.3 in third quarter 2022 from 103.6 in second quarter 2022.
2. Main changes registered in the sub-indices from second quarter 2022 to third quarter 2022 are:
Agriculture, forestry and fishing
Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles
Financial and insurance activities
Professional, scientific and technical activities
Public administration and defence; compulsory social security -0.2%
Information and communication
3. The Wage Rate Index for the general government sector, comprising ministries, government departments and agencies operating under them, municipalities, district councils and Rodrigues Regional Assembly, remained at 103.2 in third quarter 2022.
4. The index for the private sector which accounts for around 54% of the total weight of the wage rate index increased by 2.5% or 2.6 points from 103.9 in second quarter 2022 to 106.5 in third quarter 2022.
5. The index for the public sector which comprises general government and public enterprises and accounting for around 46% of the wage rate index, increased by 0.3% or 0.3 point from 103.5 in second quarter 2022 to 103.8 in third quarter 2022.
Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Development
19 December 2022