You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
Back to GOV portal
Update My Profile
Change My Password
Wage Rate Index - 4th Quarter and Year 2019
(Base: fourth quarter 2016=100)
The wage rate index increased by 0.2% or 0.2 point to reach 113.6 in
quarter 2019 from 113.4 in 3
2. Main changes registered in the sub-indices from 3
Quarter 2019 to 4
Quarter 2019 are:
Administrative and support service activities
Mining and quarrying
Agriculture, forestry and fishing
Human health and social work activities
Public administration and defence; compulsory social security
The wage rate index for the
accounts for around 3
% of the total weight of the wage rate index
decreased by 0.2% to reach 105.5 in 4
quarter 2019 from 105.7 in 3
quarter, mainly explained by recruitment of new employees.
4. The index for the public sector which comprises general government and public enterprises and accounting for around 46% of the wage rate index, increased by 0.1% or 0.1 point from 109.9 in 3
quarter 2019 to 110.0 in 4
The index for the private sector which accounts for around 54% of the total weight of the wage rate index increased by 0.3% or 0.3 point from 116.4 in 3
quarter 2019 to 116.7 in 4
Wage Rate Index – Year 2019
6. The wage rate index for the year 2019, worked out as the average of the quarterly indices went up by 4.1% or 4.5 points to reach 112.8 in 2019 from 108.4 in 2018.
The wage rate index for the general government sector increased by
% or 0.5 point to reach
9 from 104.2 in 2018
7. The index for the public sector for the year 2019, worked out to 109.8 compared to 106.7 for the year 2018, representing an increase of 2.9% or 3.1 points.
8. The index for the private sector for the year 2019, worked out to 115.4 compared to 109.8 for the year 2018 representing an increase of 5.1% or 5.6 points.
Ministry of Finance, Economic Planning and Development