Construction Price Index – 2nd Quarter 2014
1. The Construction Price Index, which stood at 112.6 as at March 2014, decreased by 0.1 % or 0.1 point during the second quarter of 2014 to reach 112.5 in June 2014.
2. On a monthly basis, the index remained unchanged in April, decreased by 0.1% in May and registered no change in June 2014.
3. The index which stood at112.6 at the end of March 2014 remained at the same level in April. However, prices of cement increased by 0.3% and timber carpentry by 0.2% while the prices of steel bars went down by 0.1%, electrical installation by 0.3% and galvanised corrugated iron sheet by 2.2%. In May 2014 the index dropped to 112.5 following a decrease of 1.2% in the prices of steel bars. The index remained at the same level in June 2014 despite an increase of 0.2% in the prices of timber carpentry.
4. As a consequence of the above, the “Material” sub-index remained at the same level as in March 2014 i.e. 112.3, decreased by 0.2% to 112.1 in May and registered no change in June 2014.
5. During the second quarter of 2014 no change was registered in the “Labour”, “Hire of Plant” and “Transport” sub-indices.