1. The Construction Price Index, which stood at 112.3 as at September 2014, remained almost at the same level during the fourth quarter of 2014.
2. On a monthly basis, the index registered an increase of 0.1% in October, decreased by 0.1% in November and remained at the same level in December 2014.
3. The index which stood at 112.3 in September 2014, increased to 112.4 in October mainly due to increases in the prices of sanitary installation (2.6%) and metal openings (0.4%), partly offset by a decrease in the prices of steel bars (-0.1%). In November 2014, the index dropped to 112.3 as a result of lower prices of ceramic tiles (-4.3%) and sanitary installation (-0.8%). The index remained unchanged in December 2014 despite a decrease of 0.5% in the price of adhesive.
4. As a consequence of the above changes, the “Materials” sub index increased by 0.1% or 0.1 point in October, decreased by 0.1% or -0.1 point in November and remained unchanged in December 2014.
5. During the fourth quarter of 2014, no change was registered in the “Labour”, ‘Hire of plant” and “Transport” sub-indices.